Does your kid have what it takes to make it into our Style Squad? We’re looking for South Africa’s most stylish boys and girls, ages 9–13 years. If your kid has a flair for fashion, an eye for trends and would like to blog for us, we want to hear from you!
Ackermans’ Style Squad is a team of fashion bloggers that will feature on Ackermans’ website for the next 12 months, from 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015.
Their challenge? To bring you the latest and greatest fashion and lifestyle trends for kids – every month!
• To enter, you must fill in the online entry form and upload a photo of your kid, wearing their trendiest outfit.
• You can also enter via MXit.
• Round 2 semi-finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges.
• All semi-finalists will be required to complete an online activity form (create a mood board, answer questions and upload photos) for a chance to qualify for the final round.
• 20 Style Squad finalists will be selected by the judges.
• 20 finalists will qualify for Style Squad 2014.
• The finalists must complete a series of activities over 12 months – one activity per month.
• All activities will be uploaded onto the Style Squad Blog page on Ackermans’ website – where the public can follow and like their favourite bloggers and posts.
• An Apple iPad Mini – including Wi-Fi & cellular with 16 GB & 12-month data package.
• R250 Ackermans voucher – every month, for 12 months.
• Loads of goodies and surprises!
Each Style Squad finalist will have a personalised logo and profile page on Ackermans’ website, where their fans can follow, like and share their favourite blogger’s posts.
Every month, the Finalists will receive a package via post and email from Style Squad Headquarters. This package will include that month’s activity, as well as a R250 Ackermans voucher and other cool surprises!
As a finalist, you will complete and submit monthly activities that will be judged by a panel of Ackermans judges, as well as three guest judges.
Each activity will include shopping for an outfit with your R250 Ackermans voucher, taking pics of you modelling the clothes with your iPad Mini and, filling in a short questionnaire and submitting this to Ackermans. You will be judged on the best photos, content and effort. The overall winner will win R15 000 in cash!
If a finalist fails to complete 2 of the 12 tasks, he/she will be disqualified from the competition.