Attending an interview is a first step towards a brighter and exciting future, so ensure you're properly prepared for your interview with the following tips and helpful guidelines.
- Make an effort and present yourself well
- First impressions do count, so ensure you stand out for the right reasons
- Come prepared. Use sources such as our websites to research and learn more about Ackermans
- Prepare your own questions to ensure that you are well informed about the position and our company
- Leave a good impression
- The manner in which you leave an interview may be the way that you are remembered
CV writing tips
When crafting the perfect CV, it helps to keep it relevant and easy to read. It's a good idea to start with personal details at the top and expand your CV from there.
1. Personal information
You should put the most relevant information at the top. Try it in this order:
- Name and surname
- ID number
- Contact number
- Email address
- Physical address
2. Educational Background
- Start with your most recent educational institutions, dates and qualifications
- Include the proper, full description of your qualification
- Let your potential employer know if you are still busy with a course by titling this section "CURRENTLY"
- List all the training you've had that's relevent to the position you're applying for
- Avoid using acronyms and write names and qualifications out in full
3. Employment History
- Start with your most recent work experience
- Provide the name of the company, along with the specific reference to the month and year you worked there
- Give a short reason for leaving the company
- List 2 or 3 contactable references
- Provide alternative contact numbers for each reference
- Indicate the relationship between you and your contact person, as well as their job title at the time
5. General Information
- List any work-related awards and recognition received
- If relevant, shortly list projects worked on outside of employment
- List important and transferable skills that you've acquired from these projects and positions, i.e. computer skills, foreign language skills, accredation or certificates.
- Some positions may require you to submit a cover letter, which should be a brief overview of your overall application.
Directions to the support centre
History of Ackermans